Rate your recently watched series

Watched 2 episodes of the new 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' on netflix.

Loving it. Eye Candy for days. Kid playing Aang is perfectly cast. The AVATAR form is :eek: :love:
Glad to hear it. Whole family are huge Avatar fans and we’ve been apprehensive about this one. After the movie it’s been hard to get any hopes up lol.

Will start watching it this weekend probably.

1709288254492.png

Boat Story

The scenes from a stage play were unnecessary and annoying. The story was entertaining enough. 6/10

2 episodes into Airbender and I’m satisfied so far.

Bending is done very well and that was a main concern. Overall the casting is good and the acting is decent if not great, nothing to complain about.

Waiting to see Azula, she’s a favourite in the household.

Masters of the Air (Apple TV)

Excellent series about the US airforce and their bombers in WW2. A solid 8.5/10.

4d5f22030ce6809b92cab87979d7bdbb.jpg

Been watching Shogun and it’s excellent. Tempting me to read the book as well. On episode 5.

1711699033641.png

A Touch of Frost​

Season 1 - 15

This detective series feels dated, it starts in 1992, but it is great entertainment. I am a fan of David Jason. 7.5/10

I do think its worth watching the first few eps to see if it grabs you. Season 1 is my all time favourite show, so I'm perhaps a little more critical than most.

We watched it this week, just finished the last episode and we really enjoyed it - probably all the more for going in with lowered expectations.

1711787192740.png

Resident Evil

It was great seeing SA sites in a series, but the CGI is lacklustre and the acting bad. The lead actress is annoying. I could only manage one episode. 4/10

1712660346930.png

Crime

Season 1 & 2

I loved Trainspotting and this series is by the same writer. I had to switch on the subtitles because some of the Scottish accents were very strong. This is a very dark and gritty story. 8/10

Started watching 'Shogun'
Production is top notch. Main protagonist irritates me no end though. Then again Rich Chamberlain will always be a tough act to follow. Deviating from the book, which was expected. Pro is the story is moving quickly.

Star of the show for me. Absolutely brilliant.
OIP.Vebm0Y9CLPLP5smrnFlibQHaJQ

Started watching 'Shogun'
Production is top notch. Main protagonist irritates me no end though. Then again Rich Chamberlain will always be a tough act to follow. Deviating from the book, which was expected. Pro is the story is moving quickly.

Star of the show for me. Absolutely brilliant.

Looking forward to watching this - I see there are two episodes left to go, might be about time to start on it.

Watched episode 8 last night. Really enjoying it more and more. Quality all around.

Finished Three Body Problem and overall enjoyed it. It's a bit of a mixed bag with some performances being really good and some not so great, same goes for the plot with some things being really interesting concepts and then some things feel a bit stupid. I put that down to a book-to-screen gap which often happens but i haven't read the books so don't know if it's true in this case.

Finished Fallout and loved it. The first episode or two had me wondering if this was going to turn out good but it picked up and just went from there. Great stuff all around. So many references to the games but more than anything they got the feel right.

Now the long wait for season 2 of each.

Back
Top Bottom