Nintendo Switch Could Dethrone The PS2 As The Best-Selling Console Of All Time In 2025

AdrianH

Super Moderator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
While sales might be slowing down, the Nintendo Switch still looks set to break a longstanding record as it steadily climbs upward. In its new financial report for the three months ending December 31, 2023, Nintendo says it sold 13.74 million Switch units, bringing the lifetime sales total of the console to 139.36 million.

In Japan, the Switch has officially outsold the Nintendo DS (32.98 million) with 33.34 million lifetime sales to date. Nintendo predicts that global Switch lifetime sales--for the OLED, regular, and Lite models--will reach 141.12 million units sold by March 2024, and it has revised its sales forecast for the current financial year, predicting an increase from 15 million unit sales to 15.5 million.

After owning the switch for couple of years now, I still don't know what the hype is all about.
In addition, they keep shutting down their online stores. I remember my 3DS broke and had to go in for warranty. Lost my digital content on that account, and trying to get it back was a hassle.

Switch 2 is going to have an uphill battle with all the Rog Ally and Steam Deck competing against it.

I got my daughter one a few years back thinking I’d play on it too. I found the games underwhelming and stupidly expensive (not new prices, second hand market or just old games). That’s actually the biggest issue.

Switch 2 will not sell nearly as well. I just don’t see the volume market that they already have upgrading.

It'll be close but i suspect as soon as the successor is announced sales will slowly halt

Back
Top Bottom